Tuesday, March 20, 2007

 

I'm so Bald

What a wild weekend. Saturday morning I woke up incredibly early in order to help the football team with Junior day. Everything in the morning went incredibly well and I was being helpful and productive. At 11:00 I left to go to the Republic to get my head shaved for St. Baldricks. This took incredibly longer than I had hoped. I was thinking it would take an hour but instead it took three. I guess it was really successful. I raised 200 dollars and my team raised almost $3,000. After that I went back to work and I was incredibly unhelpful and worthless. I don’t think my bosses noticed but I just wish I was more familiar with the program and the facility so I could make a bigger difference. I got treated to dinner by one of my bosses Robert Tucker (Tuck). It was myself and three other guys and a girl from our office. During dinner I brought up things that didn’t go so well and how they maybe could go better. When Melissa went to the bathroom Tuck told me that I shouldn’t talk about it and should just be positive. It is an interesting thing to consider. The CU team has such a policy of only positive thinking and talking that I wonder if it gets in the way of improvement. It is great to have a positive attitude but I think neglecting the things that did not go so well does not lend itself to improvement. As long as it’s not negativity for it’s own sake, constructive criticism is part of success.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?